Saturday, January 1, 2011

Feliz Navidad and Happy New Year!

It was one year ago that I started my blog. While I didn't create the amount of illustrations and sketches I was hoping to fill it with, I did have a very productive and satisfying 12 months. In January I completed the illustrations for my first children's story, Kiki Kokí. Since then the project has consumed my life outside of work.

To put things into perspective I started the year with a book mock-up, by mid September I had self published and launched the book and Plush, formed an LLC, designed and maintained a Web Site, In November I shipped my 2nd printing, launched a line of Kiki Kokí Tee shirts and did two media and publicity trips to Puerto Rico.. and tons of marketing requirements along the way.

2011 will proablly be even busier as some of the development projects at work are gaining steam and Kiki Kokí is turning into a brand. That said I hope to continue to grow as an artist. I need to carve out time to draw, illustrate and post art on this blog. So check in from time to time to keep me honest.
Here's to all of us having a productive 2011. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment